Unsure of what you want to do after high school? Curious about a certain career path, but unclear about how to get there? This Exploration Bootcamp is your opportunity to take initiative, get inspired, and feel motivated to take your first steps towards life after high school.
By attending this bootcamp, you will meet many others who feel the same way while also meeting a supportive network of industry professionals and post secondary representatives that are there to answer your questions and guide you as you determine your next steps!
Get access to a full day of hands-on activities, speaker presentations, interactive workshops, networking opportunities, and peer-to-peer discussions. The Fall bootcamp takes place on Saturday, October 14.
What You Will Uncover
Make informed career decisions by gaining a sense of identity by discovering your strengths, interests and values
Discover various career options and industries by connecting with top local students and professionals
Create, prioritize and track short and long term career goals and objectives
Learn the art of starting conversations, maintaining connections and building long-lasting relationships
Build confidence and present your best self through personal storytelling and brand identity
Transition to Post-Secondary
Gain insight into how you can prepare for a smoother post-secondary transition
What You Will Access
What You Will Gain:
- A better understanding of yourself including your values, strengths and interests
- Understanding of your short and long term goals
- Tips to build your personal brand and story
- Knowledge about the transition out of high school and postsecondary options
- Tools to gain practical experience through internships, volunteering and part time jobs
- Tips to create strong assets such as resumes, cover letters, post secondary applications, as well as scholarship applications
- Connections with postsecondary students, and a diverse group of industry professionals
- A booklet with all of your learnings
- A list of resources and tools
- A certificate of Completion of the Exploration Bootcamp
Day 1: Beginning Your Journey – Develop an understanding of yourself and your post-secondary options through personal reflection
- 9:00 – 9:30 Registration
- 9:30 – 10:00 Opening, kickoff and activity
- 10:00 – 11:00 WHO AM I?
- This is where we begin your journey. We’ll breakdown the importance of self-awareness, overcoming societal pressures, and finding your personal ‘why’ based on your own values, strengths and interests.
- 11:00 – 12:00 CREATING LIFE BY DESIGN
- We’ll work on thinking big and start setting ambitious goals. You’ll work on building your vision and think of the type of lifestyle you want to live based on your values.
- 12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 THE ART OF NETWORKING AND PERSONAL BRANDING
- We’ll discuss the importance of networking and provide you with tips to form meaningful connections and build your unique personal brand.
- 1:30 – 2:30 THE POST-SECONDARY TRANSITION
- You’ll engage with a panel of post-secondary students and professionals and hear about their experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions about the post-secondary environment and transition after high school.
- 2:30 – 4:00 BUILDING CONNECTIONS
- We’ll have more post-secondary students and professionals join us for roundtable style discussions. You’ll have the opportunity to practice your networking skills, discuss the post-secondary transition and learn about various fields. You can also get your resume, cover letter and/or post-secondary/scholarship applications reviewed at this time.
- 4:00 – 5:00 TAKING THE LEAP
- How do you take everything you’ve learnt and take action? We’ll discuss the importance of goal setting and self-discipline and work together to create short-term goals based on our learnings from the day.
- 5:00 – 5:30 Closing and debrief
GradusOne’s educators are dedicated to providing the best experience possible.
Our speakers include:
- Sam Thiara
- Likky Lavji
- Saima Haque
- Natasha Jung
- Desiree Henke
- Bowie Fong
- Colin Li
- Parham Albadvi
- Manisha Narula
- Ilia Bykov
These individuals have held countless talks, workshops, and lectures for students, grads and young professionals in education and youth development.
We also have numerous post-secondary students and industry professionals that you can get to know throughout the day!
Early Bird Deadline: September 25th
This includes all the cost of venue, lunch, snacks, workshops and more for the full day!
Sessions will take place at THNK Vancouver.
100 – 510 BEATTY ST.,
Vancouver BC, V6B 2L3.
A 2-minute walk from
Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain Station.
THNK Vancouver is a creative leadership school designed to develop and support creative leaders around the world to find new solutions and opportunities to address the world’s most persistent social challenges.
Check out http://www.thnk.org →
By attending this bootcamp, you also become an alumni of GradusOne and will have access to future resources and mentorship opportunities. If the event fee is something you absolutely cannot afford, but you are highly interested in attending, please do not hesitate to contact us for scholarship opportunities at email@example.com. We want to work with you to ensure that the event is accessible and that you can attend.
Still curious about the Exploration Bootcamp?
Feel free to contact us with any further questions.